Friday, September 23, 2005

Heading to Thesis Hole, Why-o-Me

Mikaela says:
So the M's are getting masters. Two Ms are less freaked out about this than the other. I'll let you speculate wildly on that one for yourselves.

I thought it would be fun to keep a running list of all those things I want to do but will deprive myself of while I write like the wind (a whiny, illiterate, confused wind, let it be known) over the next 6 weeks. (Ah!)

  1. Reading Chomsky's Hegemony or Survival
  2. Seeing movies -- any movies
  3. Running
  4. Shopping
  5. Cooking
  6. Cleaning
  7. Servicing the car
  8. Volunteering
Hmmm, now I'm thinking of this in a new light... I have a get-out-of-jail-free card for ANYTHING that comes up in the next 6 weeks! I don't have to say yes to ANYTHING... Wow, that's powerful. The freedom, the power, the ... oh yeah ... pain.

4 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

"Why me? Why me? Why get a master's with six whole weeks left to write when I could instead take the next six YEARS anticipating getting a master's and still being too scared to write? Why me?"

Just kidding... You know I love to tease you. :-)

11:50 AM  
Blogger mjae said...

Point taken. I am priviledged even to have the opportunity to GET a masters and shouldn't take it for granted in the heat (PAIN) of the moment.

12:59 PM  
Blogger marjorie said...

Are we really doing this? I feel like I'm growing up--and if folks knew my age they'd think that was weird. Mikaela, if you're really going to do it I guess I will to...:-)

by the way, i have that book so don't buy it.

Things I'd rather be doing:

1. Making music mixes for moc.
2. Camping--this is the best time of year!!!
3. Reading up on Gramsci.
4. Hanging out with m&m
5. Going to the yamboree...oh wait, I actually am going to do that. my bad.
6. Writing essays and blogs about anything other than my project.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

You guys are cute. Here's my list of things I'd rather be doing:

1. Hanging out with you two (and not stressful writing sessions on Forrester, I'm talking Pearl's!)
2. MOVIES!!! Can't wait for this season's "serious" movies to start coming out
3. Camping
4. Hiking
5. Reading novels
6. Having more "poetic" experiences
7. Visiting NC
8. Figuring out how to buy a new car
9. Going on that fantasy California road trip we always talk about
10. Wine-tasting events with Marjorie
11. Cultural events with Mikaela

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home