Friday, June 17, 2005

On location and loving it


Maggie says:
After workingworkingworking to meet a big deadline, here I am on the other side of that deadline... done. For now, anyway. I'm at home in North Carolina with my family smelling gardenias in the yard and seeing green everywhere, eating food that's never as good as it is here, feeling my bones sink into the right spots, seeing my hair frizz up again like it always used to, feeling my skin re-moisturize, and noticing that my smile just stays. Thank god for home. No matter where we go or what we do, it's always there for us, ready to give us what we need.

Tomorrow morning, we're off to the beach for a week and I have a backpack full of juicy novels ready to go. If this vacation goes as planned, it should be a much more m-pyrical time than an m-pyre one. I'll let Marjorie and Mikaela be serious for the next ten days (although I did get fired up reading some politics on the plane, so we'll see). Here's hoping that my biggest dilemma for a while is SPF 30 versus SPF 15...

1 Comments:

Blogger marjorie said...

Beautiful yard, Maggie.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home