Monday, September 26, 2005

Study Break

Mikaela says:
So after a weekend of writing, it was time for a little down-time. Marjorie picked the defining romance of my young life.

Say Anything
is nothing if not cute, fun, and full of the best campy lines:


"So if you guys know so much about women, why are you here at a Gas N Sip on a Saturday night with no women anywhere?"

"Choice, man. Conscious Choice."

---
"How hard is it to just decide to be in a good mood and get in a good mood?"

"Gee, it's easy."
---

"Don't be a guy, Lloyd. The world is full of guys. Be a man."

---
"So, like how'd you get Diane Cort to go out with you?"

"I called her up."

"Yeah, but I mean, why'd it work? Like what are you?"

"I'm Lloyd Dobbler."

"Wow. Thanks, man. That gives me hope."
---
"Hey world, check ME out."
--
"This is the new me, Ice Lloyd. My assault on the world begins NOW. The rain on my car is a baptism. I don't know, Cory. I think you have it all figured out. When you start out depressed, everything comes as a pleasant surprise."
---
And always and forever romance for me will be framed by and measured against the image of Lloyd Dobler holding the boom box (think about all the batteries in that thing! think of the weight. ahhh, so sweet!) over his head outside her window, Malibu a silent companion behind.

Does it get better than that?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Lloyd, Lloyd, all null and void..."

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home