Monday, July 11, 2005

Welcome back, baseball

Maggie says:
Obviously, baseball season has been going on for quite a while now. The thing is, it's been going on without me. The deadly combination of the Red Sox winning the World Series last year - combined with my new lack of ESPN and being too busy for my own good - has meant that I haven't even watched a game this year. What could compete with the Sox winning it all last year during my whirlwind return to Boston? Nothing, really -- so I've stayed away.

But on a much-needed work break, I find myself at a local pizza and beer place (which much to my delight I just discovered has a wireless connection) watching the Home Run Derby. And man... I have missed baseball.

So hopefully tonight marks the return of all things Sox back into my life. Although at the moment I'm pretty interested in Bobby Abreu of the Phillies. That's the great thing about being a female baseball fan. I love this sport as much as any guy - but man how I also love admiring Johnny D, Big Papi, Manny... and now Mr. Abreu. (Who said I'm not an equal opportunity fan? As long as he's not wearing Yankee pinstripes, of course.)

Summer + Baseball + Beer = Happiness. :-)

7/12 UPDATE:
Per Mikaela's shameless request (see comments), I offer these pictures:
(What all four have in common are GREAT smiles. But it's suprisingly tough to find pictures of smiling baseball players online. Better to watch the games and see them for yourself.)


Johnny Damon









David Ortiz












Manny Ramirez












Bobby Abreu

2 Comments:

Blogger mjae said...

Picture, Maggie? Grace us with a picture?

10:52 AM  
Blogger mjae said...

Oh happy day. Thank you!

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home