Sunday, July 17, 2005

A Harry weekend

Maggie says:
What better way to decompress from work-week overdrive than with Harry Potter? I laid around reading this all day yesterday and couldn't have been happier.

What makes Harry so fun to read?
  • Well, the story is great. Especially if you're hooked by now after reading all the other books. Especially if your mom rightfully harassed you into reading them because, despite your snobby contempt, she knew you would love them. (Thanks, Mom.) No really, the Harry Potter books are sweet and funny and mysterious. And getting darker by the book.
  • Reading Harry Potter is not work. It's not hard. It's just fun. And fun=good. (And did I mention how pleasurable it is to simply not work, to lose yourself in a fun book?)
  • Everyone needs a break now and then. I have two other "serious" novels sitting on my bedside table, and I'm very much into both of them. Yet stopping them both to check in on Hogwart's just seemed right. Kind of like deciding to have a weekend full of delicious nothingness because your brain needs a slow-down rather than a menu full of excitement right now.
So here's to slow-downs. And fun reading. This book is just great.

5 Comments:

Blogger mjae said...

Can I get on your waiting list to borrow when you're done? I'm dying but broke!

Thanks for not telling us plotline. The well-guarded secrets remain!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Are you kidding? I finished it early this morning - I was obsessed! Barely made it into Day 2, and that's only because I didn't start it until the afternoon of Saturday. The book is yours.

8:17 PM  
Blogger mjae said...

Rock on! Can I come get it tonight?

8:48 PM  
Blogger mjae said...

Finished it last night. What a whirlwind! We gotta *talk* about this!

12:28 PM  
Blogger marjorie said...

yeah...i came home around 6 last night and mikaela was sitting at the table eating a sandwich, which she was having difficulty getting into her mouth because the book was in the way. and she wouldn't even LOOK at me. so i headed upstairs to my more highbrow pursuits. came back down again around 10, there she is on the couch with her nose glued to the page. i guess i shouldn't have been surprised to see my early bird roomie crashed out at 9:30 this morning...

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home