Friday, September 30, 2005

Listening to The Decemberists

Maggie says:
Heard this playing on Forrester Street and Mikaela burned me a copy. Have not stopped listening to it since.

Perfect music to listen to at work. Perfect to listen to while lounging around. Perfect to listen to while writing at Flying Star (now). Perfect.

Charming, nerdy boy-voice: check. Clever, creative songwriting: check. Tragedy and angst: check. Kick-ass drums: check.

My faves: "The Infanta," "We Both Go Down Together," "Eli, the Barrow Boy..." Oh wait, I'm just listing the songs in order. Yeah, it's one of those CDs. I do have to give a shout-out to "The Engine Driver," though.
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones
My bones
My bones
Just buy Picaresque. I'll fill you in on the older stuff when I get there. Oh yeah, did I mention that the Decemberists have been described as "folksy pirates?" Enough said.

4 Comments:

Blogger mjae said...

I like dancing around in my underwear to the Sporting Life song. Makes me oh-so-happy.

Glad you're happy, too. Love spreading the love!

1:52 PM  
Blogger marjorie said...

geek.

:-)

4:13 PM  
Blogger mjae said...

Hey, commenters, let's leave the namecalling to a minimum!

Besides, takes one to know one!!!

8:45 AM  
Blogger marjorie said...

imanerd.

:-)

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home