Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Drowing out office craziness

Maggie says:
Say you find yourself with piles of deadlines to meet before leaving for your fantasy beach vacation with college girlfriends at the end of the week. Say you work in an environment that features very loud engineers who can make focusing next to impossible. Say your head is screaming and the pile of deadlines is just getting thicker and thicker, with Friday morning getting closer by the minute. Say you've already canceled your lunch plans and still don't see how you'll get out of here at a decent time tonight.

Breathe.

Slip on headphones.

Start playing James Blunt's Back to Bedlam.

It's the perfect soothing-but-not-too-soothing soundtrack to a stressful office, totally calming and somehow energizing, too. Soft. Just right.

Breathing...

(I know, I know: I've already mentioned this CD once. Just go ahead and listen to it already, will you?!)

2 Comments:

Blogger mjae said...

Hey, Mags. You've got to ... loan me ... some CDs before you go out of town!!!

I've resorted to bribing my students to share new music with me.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

I already made you a copy of that CD, silly!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home