Monday, May 29, 2006

Great American holiday weekend

Maggie says:
Ah, Memorial Day. The phrase conjures up the smells of grilling and the splash of pools...

For me, this was the first bona fide holiday weekend I've had in forever where I really was off the hook. As a student (college, grad, whatever) you're never off the hook. Your deadlines stay the same. You're still thinking about work. But something about the paid holiday is so absolutely mind-clearing, it's phenomenal. Off the hook. Wonderfully so.

This bona fide holiday weekend was also probably my slowest ever, where all I did was turn my brain off and relax, which consisted of:

  • Sleeping. Lots of it. Outdoors, indoors, until lunchtime, and back in bed by midnight. Wonderful. And apparently, something I was desperately in need of.
  • Sunning. Sunning while reading, sunning while sleeping, sunning while chatting on the phone, sunning until I got sunburned stomach... yep, it's Memorial Day.
  • Dogging. Hanging with the dog is the best-ever Memorial Day activity. Dog-walking, dog-sleeping, dog-petting. Dog also stole some salmon while we were...
  • Hanging. Because what's a holiday weekend without friends? M2 had a beautiful cookout and movie screening that started out decidedly family-friendly and ended up just a little bit saucy. If the other Ms agree, we'll have to post our photographic evidence.
Need more proof of the high relaxation levels happening in my world? Here's Jack recovering from his stressful Memorial Day of ... sleeping this afternoon indoors.


Hey wait a minute... what am I doing still awake? Time to take my still-holidaying self back to sleep!

5 Comments:

Blogger mjae said...

Yeah, so, NO. Those pictures will NEVER see the light of day, or the LCD of the Internet...

At least, not until Photoshop has an automatic "de-drunk" adjustment that removes the evidence of stupidity.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How 'bout it I promise to view them only thru my special de-drunking 3D glasses?

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF! I meant "if", dammit!

10:43 AM  
Blogger marjorie said...

they are classics, complete classics. mikaela, you most definitely need to add them to your scrapbook. what a great way to end the evening. lol!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously, I left MUCH too early. Damn.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home