Thursday, April 20, 2006

Our red hot crush deepens

Maggie says:
As reported after the m-pyre Oscar party, Salma Hayek is a woman M3 all agree on. She's sexy, smart, talented, passionate, interesting... and did I mention sexy?

The crush just became full-fledged infatuation. As just about anyone could guess by now, when you throw in some good politics, a simple m-pyre crush can quickly become a flaming hot pyre of obsession. So predictable, us three...

My copy of Frida is about to get its 10,000th viewing in honor of this latest twist.

Washington Post: Immigration is Not in the Script for Hollywood's Cause Celebs. (Or, as I'd title this article: "...for Hollywood's Celebs We Usually Write About.") And also in US Weekly: Salma Speaks Out on Immigration.

Salma:

“As a human being, I find this situation intolerable. As an immigrant, I find it offensive. And as an American citizen, I find it disheartening. The work that these immigrants do directly affects the health of the U.S. economy.

I have already been in contact with Latin activist Dolores Huerta and Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa in an effort to figure out what is the most effective way for me to participate in this movement.

My company, Ventanarosa, in solidarity with the immigrants, was closed this past Monday and will again be closed on May 1 in observance of the protests.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home