Thursday, May 04, 2006

Skankin to the Beat

Mikaela says:
Just last Friday, I was whining about live music in general and my lack of desire to attend Spring Crawl in particular.

"I havent really been into the scene since ska died out," I lamented.

"Wow," my companion replied. "You just really dated yourself."

Ouch.

But the sting has lessened since I heard that there is a Ska Prom coming to the El Rey May 20.

Thats right. Ska Prom. Prepared to get dekked out and see all the other dekkers, too.

Anyone wanna skank with this rude girl?

El Rey Theater
622 Central Avenue S.W.
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102

SKA FEST 2006: SKA PROM
Date: May 20, 2006
Time: 05:00 pm


Performers: 9 Ska Bands, featuring Made in Bangladesh, Third Grade Scuffle, Danny Winn and the Earthlings, Half Stache, Travisty and the Screwups, Tijuanabees, Warsaw Poland Bros., Detective Jabsco, and more! Formal attire is encouraged! All ages welcome. Cost: $ 10.00

ADVANCE TICKETS AVAILABLE AT NATURAL SOUND AND CHARLIES RECORDS BEGINNING APRIL 20TH

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Wow. Reading this I'm swept back to the mid-'90s, sitting in a van outside a little Washington, DC club where my then-boyfriend's ska band was about to perform. I think I still have all the ska mix tapes he made me. Sigh...

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home