Monday, October 09, 2006

Random 10

marjorie says...

Inspired by Alterdestiny's Random 10 posts...here are my Random 10 this morning...I could do all music I suppose but I'm feeling expansive:

1. Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris on the album GP: "We'll Sweep Out The Ashes In the Morning" and "Hearts on Fire" ....in my mind these two love songs complement each other perfectly.

2. The advent of Fall: It's cool outside and getting cooler. It makes me think of quilts...and SKIING!!

3. Beautiful vintage quilts: Who can deny the artistry so apparent in these quilts, evident in the quirky individual takes on classic patterns, the complete abstraction employed by some in form and color, the pride of sheer geometric precision found in the piecing, and not to forget the at times awesome and beautiful stitching.

4. Iron bedframes: Stripped of their paint to the metal and burnished with mineral spirits and steel wool.

5. Funny dogs: A certain miniature shaved poodle thinking he's as big as his housemate, the boxer/pit mix who loves her poodle friend.

6. Henry and June: Who knew that I am Anais Ninn reincarnated? LOL. Well, if anything, it shows that humans aren't original...and there's a lot of comfort in realizing that we all grapple with similar issues. I'm thankful for people who take the time to write so that future generations are comforted in this way.

7. Dad: My dad is one of my best friends, and I am so thankful for that. Mom: She is too. I love to see their dedication to each other, not to mention the complete consistency they've shown to me through the years.

8. Ottmar Leibert, Nouveau Flamenco: What can I say? This album is one of my guily pleasures. I know...very guilty.

9. Miles Davis, Kind of Blue: This is the all time best Jazz record...and I know that it redeems me with some of you for number 8.

10. Being a Vegetarian: Has it really been 20 years? WoW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home