Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Birthday Wishes

Mikaela asks:
What's your very favorite birthday?

Some people like to hide, or deny it, or just downplay it like crazy. Other people will do anything for gifts.

I love birthdays. Love my own, love other people's. I guess I just love having a good excuse to celebrate a human being being in my life that I really enjoy. We don't get to do that without ulterior motives very often, and why not just because they happened to be birthed that day?

My favorite birthday party was for a friend when we were 7. Her mom went around "kidnapping" all of us really early in the morning. She gathered us into the car, still in our pajamas. Our moms were in on it, of course, but we didn't know that! We just knew we really liked this mom, and she didn't explain more than just to say, "It's Yvonne's birthday; get in!" When we got to Yvonne's house, we woke her up with a big "Surprise" which scared her so much, we had to leave the room while her mom explained what had happened. Then Janice made us all rolled up pancakes, which she was famous for. Our party favors were these aprons with tiny pockets for 32 crayons. So cool!

Of course, my 30th birthday thrown by my ms was the best birthday party I've ever had.

And this year? This year, I'm having visions of cooking at my house with a few close friends, going to see a movie, hang out afterward drinking wine and shooting the shit. Doesn't that sound like heaven?

31. Unbelievable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Oh my gosh, I want that 7-year-old party to happen NOW!!!

Imagine how much more exciting it would be trying to round up everyone early in the morning now vs. then... Wherever would we find each other and all our friends?! ;-)

xoxo b-day girl.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home