Saturday, September 16, 2006

What goes together like peanut butter and brown sugar?

Mikaela says:
(That's the kind of sandwich my mom would pack me for field trips. It's actually a GOOD thing that I ate at the school cafeteria every day!)

Okay, nothing.

But here's what really doesn't go together:

Watching dark, twisted movie -- Shallow Grave -- and re-reading Anne of Green Gables.

















Definitely schizophrenic. I don't recommend it.

Here's a sample:

Movie: Scream, grunt, sound of blood spattering.
Book: "Oh, I just love it when the chorus sings 'A bee's day of gathering.'"

Shudder.

Then I finished the book and watched Jacob's Ladder just to round off the experience while eating Mario's pizza in bed.

(Hint: Try the Greek pizza, which I get sans black olive, usually with one half of the pizza as green chile & canadian bacon).

It does a body good! (Well, better than peanut butter and brown sugar, anyway!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"He sounds Swedish! Do you know any Swedish men?" Of ALL the lines in that movie, why is this the one that's stuck with me for twelve years?

8:47 PM  
Blogger mjae said...

I guess I haven't learned my lesson, because last night I was consuming the last 50 pages of "Anne's House of Dreams" while trying NOT to watch "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada." Another bad pairing.

Maybe it's just the conflict of trying to read AND watch a movie...

No, that can't be it!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home