Monday, October 30, 2006

New CD Releases

Mikaela writes:

The Decemberists have a new album. I’ll buy whatever they produce for at least another 2 albums because they're intelligent, literary, and sound unique. They're gypsy/pirate/nerd music. What could be better?

I was less thrilled with this one, but mostly because it’s lower-key theatrical, which for some will be an improvement. Spin says it’s even more intellectual, but I didn’t get that from listening.

More enjoyable in my mind is the new Gomez album. I’m the worst music-explainer in the world. It’s like Pearl Jam minus the egos and affectations, plus the musical coolness of Pete Yorn, plus quirky/happiness that’s significantly more upbeat than their previous releases.

Neither of these albums supplies the tunes I hum all day. That would be Cinderella. Damn Disney to everlasting hell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Can't wait to hear The Decemberists. Their last one was my soundtrack to last fall... it'd be fun for their new one to be this fall.

And: new Damien Rice next month, I hear!

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gomez is not Pearl Jam, but I'll love you anyway.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home